AMERICAN BRIDGE ASSOCIATION, INC.
F. ALBERTA PETERSON SCHOLARSHIP
ELIGIBILITY FOR SCHOLARSHIP
WHO MAY APPLY: Any undergraduate student who has successfully completed one or more years of college or one or more terms in a post-secondary trade or vocational school. Proof of residing in the Section where requesting and returning the application.
- Complete the F. Alberta Peterson Scholarship application.
- Submit an official transcript of latest completed school semester.
- Submit a verified statement of financial need.
- Submit three (3) personal references: One must be from an ABA member (include ABA number); one from a college, university, vocational or trade school staff professional.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Submit a short typed autobiography.
Mail all of the above for review to the Local, Unit or Section Scholarship Chairperson.
Forms may be requested from the Local, Unit, Section or National Scholarship Chairperson; or on-line at www.ababridge.org.
Generally, all application and renewal forms are distributed prior to May 30, and should be returned to Section Chairpersons no later than June 30 (note not all sections meet or make their selections at the same time of the year). Check with your Section Chairperson. All completed applications must be received by the National Scholarship Chairperson by July 15 otherwise they will not be considered. Final award confirmation is made at the ABA Summer National Tournament. The Section Chairperson will notify you to confirm you are a recipient of the F. Alberta Peterson Scholarship. Upon verification of enrollment and attendance, stipend checks are sent by the ABA Educational and Charitable Foundation directly to the awardees’ home address by late September.
|Direct questions to:|| || |
|National Scholarship Chairperson||or||Sectional Scholarship Chairperson|
|Brenda Polk|| || |
|3645 NE Liberty Street|| || |
|Portland, OR 97211|| || |
|503-703-7365|| || |
|firstname.lastname@example.org|| || |
|GREAT LAKES SECTION|
| || || |